Thursday 12 November 2020

Serenity Prayer

TITLE: Serenity Prayer
DATE: July 2020
MEDIUM: 18 - 22 Gauge Galvanised Wire, Nylon fishing line, Bamboo

“ Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” 

2020 began with a sense of forboding. For 12 years, I have listened to my husband espousing collapse propaganda, leaving me depressed and anxious. Driven to “do something” I spent the Carnival weekend creating a food garden. 2 weeks later, it all made sense as COVID 19 started spreading across the globe towards us like a slow motion trainwreck. During the lockdown, working in my garden, with all its triumphs and failures, kept me sane. 

This group of 13 Wire Humming Birds was made specifically for the Y Gallery Group Exhibition entitled Raw, Untrammelled by Convention.  Selected artists were invited to respond to the Covid 19 pandemic and the lockdown that ensued.  























No comments: