Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Exhibition of Wire Sculpture



Welcome to my blog. Here I am with my 2 school friends, Lesel and Sharda at the opening of my 5th solo exhibition, Third Eye Flowering, currently showing at Horizons Art Gallery, Port of Spain, Trinidad and running until October 27th.

The wire sculpture is one of a series of 5 wire torsos entitled "Third Eye Flowering ". This image courtesy the Bookmann blog. Thanks Richard.

With this latest body of work, I have returned to familiar themes; the female torso and the mask, both of which have a strong connection to Carnival. I wanted to bring the skill of my day to day wire craftwork into larger more elaborate pieces. I have enjoyed working on pieces that are physically larger and technically and conceptually more complex. These pieces have challenged me to take my skill to a different level.